Clipboard Magic™: FREE Clipboard Manager
Turbocharge copying and pasting text with Clipboard Magic.
Clipboard Magic is a Windows clipboard enhancement program. This clipboard extender can dramatically improve your productivity when cutting and pasting repetitive text or for web form entry.
Version 5 is Now Available
Clipboard Magic version 5 has many great improvements. Clips can now be assigned a descriptive label. Clips can be color-coded. The added Unicode support enables processing of all multi-byte language text such as Chinese, Japanese and Russian. Visit this link to see the many other improvements in version 5
- entirely FREE software!
- adware and spyware free! Verify this by running it under a software firewall like Comodo.
- vastly improves your productivity when you must cut and paste repetitive plain text.
- stores a single character to several pages of unformatted text.
- store as many items as you like.
- copies an item back to the Windows Clipboard with a click of the mouse.
- series paste and row paste hotkeys.
- text drag and drop.
- can turn off archiving.
- save clip lists to external files for easy loading later.
- allows clip editing.
- allows manual clip adding.
- allows clip sorting.
- backup and restore.
- full Unicode language support.
- fast and unobtrusive.
- runs in Windows System tray.
- runs on Windows ME, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, Windows 7, 2011 Server and Windows 8.
- System requirements: 256 MB RAM, 10 MB HD
Ways to Use Clipboard Magic
- Storing and pasting boiler plate text
- Maintaining standardized answers for common support questions
- Storing common code snippets
- Noting thoughts
- Remembering text
- Personal database
- Contacts - addresses, phone numbers, emails, web sites, formulas, signature text..
- Filling in on line forms
- Organizing information
- Storing often used text like...
- Manage "to do" lists
- Storing messages to refer back to (blogging, e-mail...)
- Drafting messages or emails
- Making notes of numbers, prices, features...
- When doing calculations.. storing numbers and formulas
- Capture ideas at the time of conception
- Reducing repetitive typing
- Help prevent repetitive stress injury (RSI)
- PC Review says: "Clipboard Magic is by all accounts the best free clipboard manager you can find, and it even gives its [trialware] cousins a run for their money."
- PC World (Philippines) writes: "...somebody has finally written a Clipboard utility that's both powerful and easy to use..."
- C|NET - 4.5 stars: "Overall, we loved Clipboard Magic, and we think it's a great addition to any computer."
- Completely Free Software gave five doves calling it "the best yet Clipboard memory/stacker"
- Nonags rates Clipboard Magic a Six!
- TuCows give Clipboard Magic 4 Cows
- Home Office Computing rates Clipboard Magic 8 out of 10 calling it "one of the most useful utilities we've seen".
- In version 2.00 and above, the paste hot keys do not work as they should in certain applications. For example, in Word when you press the paste hot key, no text will paste, you must also press [Ctrl]+[V] immediately afterward. However, in Notepad the paste hot keys work normally.
- Sometimes Clipboard Magic will stop archiving clips. When this happens you will have to close down and then restart the program to resume archiving. Note that if the tray icon can be seen Clipboard Magic is still running.
- When some application are running copied clips will appear duplicated in Clipboard Magic. This is a bug in those applications not Clipboard Magic. They are sending multiple updates to the clipboard. You should contact those companies to fix their bugs.