CyberMatrix Meeting Manager is an simple to use Windows calendar application for planning meeting room reservations.
If you have a technical question that we have not answered here, please contact us.
Confused? The different editions are explained here.
Tip - Click the question to view the answer.
F.A.Q. for Meeting Manager - Meeting Room Scheduler
A. Version 8 of Meeting Manager requires massive changes to the database. Probably you did not upgrade your data as detailed in the installation instructions. These instructions will be seen during installation. You can also read them by opening the file called readme.rtf.
A. Check the Schedule end date setting in the Date/Time tab of your configuration screen. It is probably earlier than today. Unset the Default end Date option and then set the Schedule end date setting to a date in the future like five years from now.
A. Yes, just choose View | Schedule Report from the main menu.
A. Yes, just enable security and set the "Login To Book" option. This effectively gives view only rights to most users.
A. The auto-fill is working just as it was intended to. You can press the Delete key to remove the auto-filled text you don't need.
A. All Equipment should be entered in the Resources table not the Equipment Bookings table and must be assigned to the Equipment category.
A. Yes you can either export to CSV and import on the other system or just copy the files over. To use the data from Meeting Manager Standard perform these steps:
1. Make a backup of your existing old data
2. Copy all the files from your old data folder over to the new data folder on your server.
A. You must populate the Contacts table in the Data Manager.
A. The bookings aren't deleted, they are still booked to the old room name. See the Data Manager. If you want to change resource names you'll also have to change the resource name for all the bookings in the Bookings table.
A. The Any Resource feature is a way to search for available resources, it has nothing to do with the schedule display.
A. The default password for all security levels is "magic". To ensure you have a secure system change the passwords immediately. Write down the new passwords and store them in a secure location such as the company safe.
A. Here's how to find the SMTP server using Outlook Express 5. From the Outlook Express menu choose Tools | Accounts. Select the mail tab. Click the Properties button. Click the Servers button. Use in Meeting Manager whatever is in the SMTP box.
A1. You can change this field using the Data Manager screen. In Data Manager choose the Bookings radio button on the left. In the grid on the right navigate down to the record you want to change, tap the Tab key until you get to the LoginID field. Click once to get into edit mode. Make your changes and click on another record to save the changes to that record.
A2. If you have v4 and are logged in as Administrator you can change the Booked By field from the Edit Booking screen.
A3. Your machine login is used for the Booked By field. To change the default value you would
need to change your machine login.
A. You can try the following:
1. Install the program on every user's machine and point to only the data on a shared network location instead of merely using a shortcut to a network install.
2. If using the Standard edition with multiple installs make sure the Data Location setting is identical on all installs by using mapped drives or UNC paths. See the following video tutorial for an example: Sharing file server application data with multiple users (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weANU7M72mQ).
3. Frequently archive old bookings using the Data Manager.
4. Set a default end date to a closer date, for example one year from today.
5. If you use the Auto Refresh feature, set it higher, e.g. 300 (5 minutes).
6. For non-enterprise editions, turn off anti-virus software, or configure it to NOT scan *.EDB* files (.DAT, .IDX, .BLB files on older versions) (or simply your database folder).
7. Use a wired network instead of wireless which is much slower.
8. For non-enterprise editions, upgrade to v8 which uses a more efficient database engine.
9. If you have the Standard edition consider upgrading to the Client/Server edition.
10. If you use the Enterprise edition ask your DBA to optimize indexes for best performance.
See also: Database/Multi-user Software F.A.Q.
A. Notes entries in the Notes pull-down list are stored in a file called Notes.txt in the user Application Data\CyberMatrix\MeetingManager folder. E.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\CyberMatrix\MeetingManager.
Meeting Manager Client/Server F.A.Q.
A. What this means is the client cannot connect to the server application. Ensure that the Meeting Manager Server application is running on a machine on your network and that the IP Address for that machine has been entered and saved in the server configuration screen. Finally make sure that the CMMan.Ini containing this IP Address has been copied down to each of the client installs.
A. You need to copy over the server's CMMan.ini file as well. This is how the client know what the server's IP address is.
Diane Bell, Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola Fl
We purchased your program almost 15 years ago and I use it daily and I love the software. In 15 years I have never doubled booked an event.
Sherry, Double Oak, Texas
I downloaded your Meeting Manager program on Saturday and am so impressed with it!! I do all the scheduling for a large church and have used several scheduling programs over the past 16 years, Yours is by far the best program I have used & by far the most inexpensive...
Martin Wynn, Cosy Hall Administrator
Just to say that we find the Meeting Manager excellent and it is invaluable to the running of our Community Hall.
Dana, Doylestown Rock Gym
Thanks for all the support. I have just started training my staff on how to use the system and they love it. It is quick and very user friendly. The security features work out great since we have a number of staff that need to look at the screen but aren't trained to book.
Julia D. Ashmun, Jotun Business Corporation
After reviewing several dozen room scheduling and even managing software applications, we narrowed this list to six vendors that drastically ranged in price. After the first demo to our constituents, the selection was down to two with one having the unanimous vote - CyberMatrix´s Meeting Manager...