A common request we get from customers is how to put the calendar from our scheduling software on their websites. Most customers that ask this question simply want a static page that people can view but not change. Our Pro Schedule and Meeting Manager event scheduling software both do have web editions but using this software provides another layer of expense and maintenance. A simpler cheaper way is to use a static HTML representation of the schedule.
All our Windows scheduling software can save the currently viewed schedule to an HTML file. This includes: Pro Schedule, Meeting Manager, Class Scheduler and Employee Scheduler. To save the current schedule view to an HTML file chose View | Schedule HTML Report from the main menu. You will be prompted to save the HTML. After saving this file you can upload it to your web site.
Continually saving your schedule and uploading it to your website is very time consuming. To save time you could use a program like the free Core Ftp to create a batch file to upload it directly to your site.
How To Use Core FTP To Upload File With a Single Click
- First download Core Ftp free here and install.
- Create a site profile in Core Ftp by choosing Sites | Site Manager from the menu. Click New Site and enter the FTP details for your server.
- Create a batch file with any text editor like Notepad. It must end in the extension .bat.
- Enter something like the following text in this batch file:
“C:\Program Files\CoreFTP\coreftp.exe” -O -site MySiteProfile -u c:\myschedulefile.html -p /public_htm/mydirectory/
Change the path to coreftp.exe if it is different on your machine. Change MySiteProfile to the name of your site profile you created in Core Ftp. Change c:\myschedulefile.html to the path of the html file you saved from our software. Change /public_htm/mydirectory/ to the path on your web server where you want to access the file from.
- Save the .Bat file somewhere like on your Desktop and double click it whenever you want to upload.